The Last Two Weeks + WE GOT A PUPPY

May 21, 2015
You know what I did last night? I'll tell ya. I hopped into bed with a cup of rooibos and browsed Pinterest. Yup, that's right. Now this may not seem like the biggest deal to you, but to me it was HUGE. I haven't been able to hop into bed and just relax for the last two weeks. It's been crazy over here - I've been so busy with work that I'd started to forget what my friends looked like. Which is awkward because what if they came up to me in Pick n Pay while I'm doing my groceries and they're like "hey!" And I'm like "hey?" But the good news is that that doesn't need to happen because I AM DONE! Ah the utter relief. Over the last month I've sat in about 40 hours worth of Anthropology research meetings but as of yesterday my presentation has been done, my psychology essays are printed and handed in and my research write up has been sent. 

The even better news is that all this hard work is paying off. On Monday Emma and I received an email from the Psychology course coordinater, asking us to see him in his office as soon as possible. To say I almost shat my pants would be an accurate description of how I responded. Turns out there was nothing to be worried about - he simply wanted to congratulate us on our marks thus far and ask us to please consider apply for honors here next year. I almost wanted to tell him that all the money in the world couldn't convince me to stay here next year. But he'd just been so sweet congratulating us and what not and he told Emma she smelt nice, so I didn't want to ruin the poetic moment.

Now that I've got my life back, I'm excited to reintroduce myself to my friends! I don't actually know how they've survived the last couple of weeks without being exposed to me. Poor them. Tonight the nine of us are having a sleep over as it's Courtney's 21st birthday tomorrow. I think we're having a fondue and a cupcake decorating station-thing tonight. We are adorable. Then tomorrow a whole bunch of us are off to Port Elizabeth for Courtney's party on Saturday night. I expect it to be more elaborate than my one-day wedding - best believe I've been self-tanning the shit out of my legs for the last two weeks in preparation.

I'm excited to get away for a little bit. We're spending a couple of nights at Cat's house in PE. Her mom and I have been challenging each other on QuizUp (British Royals Category - I'm number 1 in South Africa, if you must know). We're totes besties now. Apparently there's a new mall that's just opened up so we'll probably check that out tomorrow night. I'm probably going to eat my weight in Cinnabon, put all those precious kg's right back on, spend all my money and then come back home on Sunday and have to eat 2 minute noodles for every meal until pay day. Something tells me it's going to be lovely. I can't wait.

Also, we got a puppy! LOOK!




Isn't the way he follows Liam around just the cutest thing? I'm heading home on Friday next week for study leave, so I'll only be able to meet the little guy then, but oh. my. heart.

That's about all that's going on around here for now. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go and pack a bag for our sleep over. Nine 21 year olds on three mattresses - wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Have fun my friend - you really deserve it!! And as for that puppy... too cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done girl! Such a cutie pie!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.