Oh, Hi Friday!

May 08, 2015

Are we sure that today is Friday? This entire week I've been a day ahead from everybody else. It's so frustrating to think you're one day closer to the weekend when you're actually not. This post is another one of those ones that are full of bits of useless information that you didn't need to know, but once an over-sharer, always an over-sharer, right?

People, homegirl over here is feeling slightly flustered. I'm not sure what it is. Actually, that was a lie. I know exactly what it is. It's May. May in itself is always a shitty month. It's the month before exams and as always, jam packed with assignments. I'm starting to feel the pressure and man oh man I already can't wait for June to be over. Why June, you may ask? Well because once May ends, exams start. So you see, my life is just looking super from here on out. There's a lot of pressure for these exams - I'm applying for Honors with these marks. So far any results I've received from past tests and assignments have been really good, so there's a bit of encouragement.

I have this massive Anthropology research task that I'm busy with. We're presenting in a couple of weeks and then handing in a 4000 word write up the next week. It's a group task that requires each of us to do a minimum of 15 hours of field work. It's taking over my life and ugh, I just want it to be over and done with.

Other than all the boring academic stuff, we've got the realtors coming to do some ingoing inspection on our flat or whatever this afternoon. At least that gives me an excuse to leave my Anthropology meeting early. Speaking of our flat, it's so, so good. I mean besides the never ending pile of dishes that need to be washed and the HAIR EVERYWHERE!!!!! (You can tell girls live here - we're constantly sweeping up stray strands of brunette and blonde locks), it's just dandy. We're becoming more adventurous with our cooking (yay for trying out new Banting-friendly recipes) and feel a sense of "ah, we're home" every time we walk through the front door. Forever grateful for God's work in all of this...

On another note, it's Mother's Day this Sunday. What are your plans? I wish I could be at home spoiling my sweet mama, but unfortunately home is just a little too far away. Will definitely be sending all the love to her on Sunday though. Em and I are busy organising a mid-term trip back home. We're lucky enough to have our exam timetable work out in a way that gives us each 10 days of study leave and so we're definitely wanting to head back to KZN for that. That long drive is always a killer though, so we might just go down together in one car.

Alright, I think that's enough rambling for one morning. I hope you all have yourselves a lovely weekend! xx

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.