5 Reasons Why I'm Not Cool

November 12, 2013
 A little while ago one of my favourite bloggers, Karissa from Karissa & Company did a post titled 10 Reasons Why I'm Not Cool. As I was reading this hilarious post I thought to myself, "Hey, I'm totally not cool, I could do one of these posts!" But because I still want you guys to like me, I thought I'd only do 5 reasons as to why I am not, by any means, cool.
via
Reason for insane level of uncoolness number 1: 
 I'm going to be that cat lady, you know the one? The Forever Alone one with 37 felines running around? Yep. That's me in about three forty years. Cats - I adore them. They're gorgeous and they don't sniff you and drool on you and get all up in your business like dogs do. I'm also completely allergic to them, but hey, loving someone means making sacrifices for them and if loving my cats means eleven gazillion sneezes per minute, well, just know I don't expect a "bless you" after the 12th sneeze.
Reason for insane level of uncoolness number 2:
 While everyone's picking their outfits for Friday night or looking forward to next week's "massive jol", I'm asking myself what I can do now that will one day ensure that I have a successful career and that I'm the best mom and wife that I can be one day. Don't get me wrong, please, please don't get me wrong - I love going out and I really am enjoying my 20's and living in the moment, I just know what I want in my future and that's about it. Sometimes all I want to do on a Friday night is get into my pajamas have a cup of tea, browse Pinterest and catch up on my favourite blogs. 

Reason for insane level of uncoolness number 3:
 I sometimes still spell "because" the Betty Eats Cakes And Uncle Sells Eggs way. I know exactly how to spell it and my spelling has never been bad at all, I just can't seem to break this habit.

Reason for insane level of uncoolness number 4:
 I'm not very spontaneous at all. I like to have a plan in place and I like to be prepared. I don't like to be caught off guard, it makes me panic slightly. I'm up for anything, just let me know in advance so that I can get my shiz together and then all will be perfect in the world.

Final reason for insance level of uncoolness which would be number 5 if you'd read the title:
 I'm not exactly obsessed with the music that most people my age are. I've never really been the type of girl to love the club stuff. I'm a feeler and a dreamer and so I'm definitely more into the deep and meaningful stuff. I love songs that make you feel something and that move you. Emma once said "while everyone was rocking out to David Guetta's Sexy Chick in Grade 9, Shannon was getting all emotional with some Tracey Chapman." She couldn't be more right I'm afraid.

 So there you have it... 5 reasons why I'm not cool. Still want to be my friend after reading all of that? Great! Not so much? That's alright, I have my cats and I don't really need anyone else.


2 comments:

  1. omg Shannon this seriously made me laugh out loud- especially the part about music. So glad you wrote this and that I had the chance to read it! It just made my day.

    Karissa
    www.karissaandcompany.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha love it!!! I think I may just have to a list too now!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.