{2014's Resolutions}

November 27, 2013
Via
This year is coming to an end rather quickly (I've really got to stop beginning all of these posts with really, really obvious lines) and I thought I'd get in early with the whole New Year's Resolutions thing for two reasons. Reasons being; 1) I know that come January, you'll all be bombarded by a million and one resolutions posts and you'll be so sick of them that you won't even bother reading mine. And that's sad. Reason 2) I feel like making these resolutions now gives me a chance to get serious about them and maybe get a little head start on one or two.

I have never really been one to make resolutions. I've always just thought that by making them I'm inevitably setting myself up to fail. So this time round, I'm rather setting myself goals for things I'd like to get done in 2014 and I'm not really calling them resolutions. Does this make sense? I hope so. So here are my non-resolution resolutions type thingies for 2014.

One...
Start a Ricordi Felici Jar. "Ricordi Felici" means "happy memories" in Italian. Basically, you start with an empty jar at the beginning of the year and you fill it with little notes of great things that happened or things that made you smile throughout the year. Then in December you open the jar and look back at all the little things that made that year a truly great one.
This idea was inspired by this pin but I named the whole concept Ricordi Felici myself. Because I'm fabulous like that.


Two...
Exercise.
Now those that know me know that I am one lazy fella. I hated sport throughout school and I am so unfit I'm pretty sure it's dangerous. Lately I have been conscious of how unhealthy my lifestyle is for my body and let's just cut the crap and get right down to it - I want to lose weight. So I'm starting now. I'm trying to make healthier choices and as soon as I get home I'm going to try and start running in the mornings as well as start up my pilates that I used to do with Clauds again. I'm really serious about this. I even did 125 jumping jacks the other night, now if that's not serious then I don't know what is. Laugh guys, laugh. But you'll see, this time next year I'm going to be one sexy mofo. In addition to my holiday running and pilates that WILL take place, as soon as I get back to university in the new year I'm going to join the gym.


And that's it. Now I know it's not an extensive or impressive list, but the memory jar is a really fun and easy thing to do, while getting fitter is something that really is a challenge for me. So next year I'm keeping it simple with two resolutions in the hopes that I'm not setting goals too high but at the same time, I am working towards something.

Have you even started thinking about what your resolutions are going to be or am I the only eager one? Did you make resolutions at the beginning of this year? If so, how did those go for you? Drop me a comment, I'd love to see where everyone stands on this.
x

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.