A Weekend Recap

Aaah, send me love please, Blogosphere! I'm in need of it after this weekend. 
You know those weekends where you have so much to do that you end up thinking to yourself on Sunday evening "well that really wasn't a weekend at all"? Yup. That was this weekend for me. 

I don't know, I'm actually starting to think that one isn't supposed to have any time to themself or to relax over the weekend. My last few weekends have been such fun but so busy! I mentioned in an earlier post that I'm craving a chilled and extremely uneventful weekend. 

As the term draws to an end, we are being overloaded with tests, assignments and projects. This weekend I wrote a Psychology test on Friday night, I had two massive essays due today as well as two reviews to complete. It wasn't anything I couldn't handle but lately I have just been feeling so run down and not myself, which is never fun! On top of all of that, I had a Drama rehearsal yesterday that lasted about 3 hours. We have to present 3 minutes of performance to our tutor today and then receive criticism. I haven't been feeling especially creative lately and so our group was battling with coming up with something original and of substance. Of course the fact that 1 group member just hasn't arrived to the last 5 rehearsals certainly helps. Thankfully yesterday's session went well and we're happy with what we've got. We'll just have to hope our tutor likes what we're going to present later on today - hold thumbs for me please!

Friends, I cannot wait for the end of today! I would have handed in all my assignments, performed our piece and be completely almost stress free. Other than a test or two this week, I am pretty much done. This and the fact that I am flying home on Friday is what is keeping me going.

This weekend was busy and not one of my bests, but God remained so present in my life this weekend. Every time I felt overwhelmed I just felt His love and peace rush over me as I was gently reminded that there are far, far more important things to worry about in this world than my petty assignments and stress. I think I need to remind myself of this more often.
 
How was your weekend? I hope it was tonnes better than mine! Link up with Sami and tell us about your weekend.

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.