My Life 5 Years From Now

This week's 52 Weeks of Blogging with a Purpose series asks me to share about my life, 5 years from now.

I have always been the girl who needs structure and a plan in order for her to feel in control and happy. I am not afraid of change, in fact I embrace change, but I have to admit that I am definitely a planner. With all this being said, it is only natural that I have thought about where I would like to be in 5 years time.

The thing is, my whole life I have had an idea of how my life should be. Life has not always gone according to my own plans. It has not always turned out the way that I would have thought best but over the last couple of years I have learned that the Lord's plans for my life are so much more than I could have imagined!

So while I do have a rough idea of where I would like my life to be in 5 years time, I am trying not to plan ahead too drastically. I am only 19 and so anything could happen in the next 5 years. I am excited to see where God will take me but I'm learning to just sit back and enjoy the moment that I am currently in.

I used to want to be married and beginning to think about starting my own family around the age of 25. This was all before I started my degree and began to think about the logistics of this idea. It was before I began to learn how demanding and tough life outside of school really is. Do I think the age of 25 is too young to be married and beginning a family? No, of course not - all I've ever wanted is to be a mom and wife. But when I think about where I was 5 years ago, 5 years seems like a really, really short period of time and I'm not sure if I will be emotionally ready to become a wife and a mom.

I don't know what the future holds for me. Maybe in the next couple of years I'll meet the man that God has set aside for me and things will fall perfectly into place. Maybe in the next 5 years I'll be waddling around, growing a little mini-me. Who knows what the next 5 years hold for me in terms of family and relationships? For now, I'm enjoying being a single, 19 year old girl and I know that when the time is right, I will meet the person I'm meant to spend the rest of my life with. However, this doesn't stop me from being a typical girl and day dreaming about my wedding or praying for my future husband.
Maybe One Day
Hopefully in 5 years time I would have finished my degree in Psychology and I would have been qualified to start up my own practice as a clinical Psychologist. I would like to be living in my own home and supporting myself. I'm not too sure where I'd like to live but I am so excited to be in my own home. I can't wait to have a space of my own that I can decorate and invest in.
Besides hopefully being in a relationship, owning my own home and being in a secure and stable career, I hope to be happy. I hope to be content with life, I hope to be healthy and have good relationships with those around me. I hope to be living my life for the glory of God and to be proud of the person I would have become.

Where would you like to be in 5 years time? Link up with the series and let me know!

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.