52 Weeks of Blogging with a Purpose - "Who I Am"

The first week's topic of the 52 weeks of blogging with a purpose series is "Who I Am".

When I sat down and began to think about who I am, so many things came to mind and I realized just how many different things I am to different people.

I am Shannon Leahy;
  • I am a woman.
  • I am a university student.
  • I am a friend.
  • I am a big sister.
  • I am a daughter.
  • I am a cousin.
  • I am someone who people can trust.
  • I am an emotional and sometimes over-sensitive being.
  • I am a lover.
I love being all of these things. I adore love - I cannot wait to completely and utterly fall into it. I love to give it and I love to receive it. I am a firm believer in true love, I am passionate about it and I have so much of it to give.
I am a woman - I am emotional and hormonal and occasionally very bitchy. I am maternal and I am protective and I look forward to the day that I get to properly live out my role as a one day wife and mother. 
I am a big sister to Bridgitt (16), Nicholas (14), Taitum (7), Trent (5) and Liam (6 months). Taitum and Trent are from my biological mother's second marriage while Liam is my Dad and Clauds' little miracle. I am bossy towards them and I am sometimes annoyed by the older ones but you could not find a girl who loves her family more than this one right here. I will protect them with all that I am and I cannot imagine my life without them.
Taitum and I
Liam and I
Nic and I
Trent
Bridgitt and I
I am a daughter to a loving and loyal Dad and to a beautiful step-mom, Clauds, who I consider to be one of my very best friends. I am guided by these two incredible people, I am supported by them, I laugh with them, and I cry with them. I share my stories with them and I listen intently as they share theirs with me. I have tea with them, I make supper with Clauds, I try and guess the song with my Dad and I love every second that I am in their presence.
Dad and Clauds
I am a cousin to 2 Australians that I haven't seen in 12 years; Wes and Jess, to a little girl, Jamie-Leigh and to a beautiful Baby Smith that we are going to meet in a couple of months! I cannot wait!
I am a friend to many. I am the friend that constantly keeps people laughing and the one that will sometimes keep quiet about how you've hurt me. I am the friend that you can trust and the friend that needs to spend quality time with you in order to feel truly loved and cherished.
Kerryn, Kate, Me and Sarah
Dillyn and I
Myself, Jess, Robyn and Emma.
I am a first year University student who is currently studying Drama, Sociology, Psychology and Anthropology. I am loving every minute of it - even the lonely days as they are teaching me how to create my own happiness.

I am many things, and while I love being all of these things, most importantly, I am a follower of Christ. I am not perfect and I will never claim to be. I do disappoint Him daily and mess up more times than I'd like to admit, but I love Him with all my heart and I believe He knows where my intentions lie.

What are you? Link up with the series and get started or come back next week for some more "blogging with a purpose."

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.