"A favorite photo of yourself and why"

May 17, 2013
I love photos and the memories that they are able to capture. I had to think for a while about today's topic and I came to the conclusion that I don't have one single favorite photo of myself, it would be impossible to name my favorite.
Favorite Photo Number 1
This is one of my favorite photos of myself at the moment. It was taken by my lovely step-mom in September last year ( at my Matric Dance/Farewell/Ball). It was taken during the father-daughter dance. I love this photo because it captures so much of the beautiful relationship that I have with my Dad.
Myself, my little brother on my lap, my sister in the pink and my Dad in the background.
This photo will forever be one of my favorites - no matter how old I get. This photo was taken while we were on holiday at the coast about 13 years ago. I love it because it shows our personalities so well! My Dad, standing in the background looking over at us with a smile on his face. This is how my Dad has always been - proud and loving. So many of my childhood memories involve him standing in front of a braai (or BBQ for you lovely international readers) and smiling. I love that the three of us siblings look so happy and content in this photo. My little brother is laughing mischievously and I love that still, to this day, he is always up to no good. I love the way my sister's eyes are alight in this photo and how much she resembles my brother - they have always been so close. I love how I am looking quietly happy, almost too afraid to be too happy. I still see so much of this quality in myself today. I love that my brother is on my lap - I have always been protective over the two of them. I have always bossed them around and told them what to do and how to do it. I hope that they know this was only ever out of my love for them.

Link up with Jenni and her Blog Everyday In May Challenge to see what photos mean a lot to others.

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.