Throwback Thursday

This photo will always hold a special place in my heart. It was taken in the year 2000, if I remember correctly. I have lived on a very special farm my entire life. Our farm has been passed down generations of my family. My Dad currently owns and runs it and when the time comes, my brother will take over from my Dad.

The above picture was taken in our front yard. At the time of this picture being taken, it was my grandparents' front yard. You can see our lovely big farm house in the background.

This photograph is special to me as it holds so many memories. The man in the middle is my very special grandpa, affectionately known as "Gong" to his grandchildren. Gong passed away about a year after this photograph was taken. I am sitting on the little horse, Rocky (I'm in the red), with my cousin, Kayla behind me. On the other horse, Shadow, sits my best childhood friend, Simone, whom I have sadly lost contact with. Simone is in the pink and my little sister is sitting with her.

I often used to ride Shadow with my gran after Gong passed away. Shadow was very old and sadly passed away a few years ago. Since then I have been slightly afraid of horses and I don't ride anymore.

I am so glad that I have this photo - I do not have many photos of myself with my precious Gong, and so this one will forever remain special to me!

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.