"Things you've learned that school won't teach you"

May 23, 2013
Day 23 of the challenge, and I have to be honest here, I'm not sure just how much I've learned that school hasn't taught me! I've only just learned how to wrap my head around the fact that I am no longer in school! When I first thought about this topic I sighed a big sigh and thought to myself, "what am I going to write?" Now that I have thought about it, I realize that there is SO much that I have learned that school hasn't taught me. So here goes, things I've learned that school won't teach me...

  • Buying washing powder is a really tough task. Do I get the one with the added fabric softener or the one that supposedly smells like spring and bunnies? If I buy the one that says "extra brights for your whites" does that mean I can ONLY use it on my whites?
  • The friends you keep closest do not always have your best interests at heart.
  • You'll meet people in college (and throughout the rest of your life) who are very different to you. They will not have the same morals as you. They will not have the same beliefs as you. They will not always understand you or even try to understand you. They will not function in the same ways as you and you need to understand, accept and deal with that appropriately.
  • Putting a wooden spoon over the top of your pot will prevent it from boiling over.
  • Oreos make everything better.
  • Lavender repels insects.
  • Boiling water before pouring it into ice trays will result in clear ice blocks (as opposed to cloudy ice blocks).
  • Stuff is expensive and money can disappear within the blink of an eye.
  • The lady taking your pizza delivery order has never, and probably will never learn how to speak clearly so that you can actually hear her.
There are SO many other things that I have learned with no thanks to school, I could go on and on, but one thing I have learned is that time is precious and when you're a college student you cannot afford to waste it, and so with that being said, that's all for tonight:)
x

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had learned money can disappear within the blink of an eye too! It burns a hole in my pocket! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.