A Little Life Update Before Work Pulls Me Away From Arrows Forever

August 18, 2015
If you're looking for me over the next 10 days or so, I'll be at my desk trying my best not to have a miniature breakdown whilst soaking my statistic notes in a puddle of my own tears. Yup, we're at that stage of the term where EVERYTHING is due in the next week and I'm not entirely sure how I'm going to get it all done.

My mornings are starting earlier with a cup of coffee and an awaiting lap top. I'm trying to work steadily each day, and I know that eventually I'll get everything that needs to be done over and done with. It's just all a bit overwhelming in this moment. If I do come out alive on the other side, all glory to coffee and Jesus you guys!

I thought I'd pop in here quickly and just throw a little life update at you all because in all honesty I've run out of other ways to procrastinate...

Life has been just dandy as always. We've all been so busy with social events, Tri-Var festivals, braais and just general hanging out and catching up. Finally our social lives have calmed down a bit and we're now sitting with the reality that we have a handful of modules to pass for the end of this term. We've had so much fun, but I'll save all the details for an end of term recap in the next few days. Here's our obligatory photo with Rhodie just because it was our last Tri-Var ever.



My baby sister Bridgitt is having the best, best time doing what she loves. She's entered Idols and I'm so proud of her for going after her dreams. My big sister heart just swells with pride for her. You should definitely click over here and watch her audition. 

I'm heading home next week for our September holiday. I was flicking through my prayer journal the other night and I came across something I'd written the night before this third term started. It said something along the lines of how I'm so happy to be back for yet another term, but I'm really hoping that it goes by frighteningly fast. And what do you know, here I find myself pretty much gobsmacked at just how quickly it has gone. As always, I'm excited to get home. I didn't really get to spend much quality time with the extended family when I was back in June, so I'm hoping this holiday is slightly different.
Can you believe that this is the last time I will be heading home from Grahamstown for a holiday? The next time I head back to KZN, it will be permanently!! I'm dizzy happy over the thought that heading back to Grahamstown this time next month will be the last time I have to say goodbye to everyone back home. I talk to Liam on the phone once a week or so, and every conversation is the same. He always says "Nannie, where are you? Nannie are you at school? Come home, I miss you!" and then he runs off to carry on doing whatever it was that he was busy with. I'm so excited to be relocating to KZN and I'm not so patiently awaiting all the adventures that 2016 is going to bring.

I've got a lot on my plate at the moment, and the year is just going to get even busier from here on out. I've got 5 assignments to complete in the next week, I'm then heading home and will have to fill out Honours applications, only to return back to Grahamstown and tackle a final term of exams followed by moving out of the flat. I don't even want to think about how busy November through to January is going to be what with moving back to KZN and moving into a new place. That's then though, right now I need to focus on the now and this flipping stats assignment.

So all in all I'm busy and most times I'm slightly overwhelmed, but man I'm blessed! Every night I hop into bed exhausted, but so grateful for that tiredness. Being exhausted means I've been busy with friends, working towards a degree and living my little life. There are so many people who would love to be in my position - surrounded by incredible friends and getting a really great education. I don't take what I've got for granted, not even for a second.

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.