Life Lately - High Teas, House Sitting and Welcoming Term 2

April 24, 2015
Term 2 is in full swing and I haven't even really had a moment to sit down and just be with my own thoughts for a little while. We're having such fun round these parts and are constantly on the go. Emma and I drove back to Grahamstown on Sunday the 12th. The long drive always takes it out of us and so we were both asleep before 9pm that night. It was probably a really good thing that we got such a wonderful sleep because from then on we've barely even sat down. Here are a few things that we've been getting up to lately...

On the Tuesday Em's parents came down for a few days - due to the fact that we moved into the flat in such a rush they hadn't actually seen it before. It was so lovely to have them down and to be able to show them around our little house. They really do feel like my second set of parents and it's always lovely to be around them. Over the next few days we ate out at differnet cafe's here in town and spent time with them at their B&B when we didn't have lectures. As soon as they left, we packed up and headed to Emma's family friends' home where we would be house sitting for the next week.

House-sitting was an adventure all on it's own. Emma got bitten by the dog, said dog then got trampled by bigger dog and became even grumpier. After a couple of hours we realised that little Pringle must have really hurt himself when being trampled because he developed quite the limp. After a trip to the vet and a dose of anti-biotics the little guy was back to his happy self - until it took us about 30 minutes to figure out how to use the can opener to open his food. The unforseen wait sent him right back into his grumpy slump.

On Saturday we celebrated our friend Vicky's 21st birthday. She organised a high tea at one of the lovely little resturants here. It was so refreshing to celebrate a 21st birthday in a way that wasn't full of the usual drunken shenanegins. We had the best time putting on our dresses and sipping on our mimosas. I lost count after my 6th mini milktart. I'm not even ashamed.




Loadshedding is still in full swing here and it's not doing anything positive for my complete obsession with candles. Dare I say I'm enjoying the 2 hours of darkness each night? It's forcing Em and I to disconnect from our work, our laptops and our phones. We've had such great conversations over the flicker of a few candles lately. The other night we pulled out the 30 Seconds, opened a bottle of wine and had the best time doing something that didn't require electricity.

Anthropology is taking over my life right now. We have a massive research project due for the end of May and it's all group work. I used to only have 2 2 hour long lectures a week, and now they've added an additional 4 lectures to that timetable. This doesn't include the work we need to do on our own outside of lecture times. I'm trying my best to stay motivated and invested. It's going to be a busy month. Things couldn't be going any better on the Psychology front. This term we're really delving into therapy and I'm just finding it all so interesting. I did really well in our last test, so if life could just carry on this way I definitely won't be complaining.

I think that's about all that's happening in my little life right now. I have so much I want to write about, so many happy things are on my heart right now and I can't wait to share them with you all. But for now, I'll leave you with what you've got. I hope you're all having a fabulous weekend, I'm heading off with a group of friends early in the morning. We've decided to take a little roadtrip past St Francis for the long weekend and I simply cannot wait!

No comments:

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.