Twenty One Things You Never Needed to Know

March 09, 2015
I'm curious about people. I always have been and I always will be. I love to know what makes people, people. I am so interested in why they act the way they do, why they say the things they say and why they are the way they are. With all that being said, I thought it would be fun to do a light-hearted post featuring a few very random, sometimes funny, sometimes odd, sometimes completely useless facts about myself.



I really love those hideous round glasses in the above, obnoxiously large selfie. I just can't help myself but be obsessed with them.

When I was about 4 years old, my 4 front milk teeth were surgically removed and I went toothless for about 4 years. My Dad took to calling me "Goal Posts" and "Dracula". Thanks, Dad. Christmas was also a bag load of fun in my household - the "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth" song never ceased to amuse my family. You'd think after 4 years they'd get tired of singing it and laughing until they could hardly breathe. Nope. Not my family. Thanks, family.

I don't like my middle name at all. It was my grandmother's first name and she passed away when my mom was 10, so the meaning behind it is really beautiful and I'm honoured to have it, but I just can't bring myself to like it. I love my first name, however.

My favourite colour is yellow.

When I'm stressed or really focused on something I start pulling out my eyebrows. Not so badly that they start going bald (what?), but just as if I was plucking them with tweezers, except I'm doing it without really realising with my fingers. I just realized how strange this sounds. I'm so sorry.

I don't like my laugh.

Since I was about 5 I've had this re-occurring nightmare that I'm walking down our farm's drive-way and there's this waterfall that I fall down. I wake up mid-fall, terrified. I haven't dreamed it in a couple of years, but it happened for a long while.

If there's pudding, I'll eat it first. I don't like to finish dinner with a sweet taste in my mouth.

I hate shaving my legs. I do it. But I hate it.

I used to hate ice cream. I only started enjoying it about 3 years ago.

I have no idea who my future husband is, but I pray for him regularly.

When I was little, I was in love with Johnny Bravo. He was the sexiest cartoon character I had ever laid eyes on. I couldn't understand why the girls on the TV didn't want to date him. I would sit there, watching the show, silently begging him to love me. I was quite convinced that I could be his everything.

My first crush was on a blonde-haired boy named Steven. I was in Grade 1. I can vividly remember seeing him on our school's sports field and thinking he was just dandy (even better than Johnny Bravo I'll tell you)! I'm not sure he even knew I existed. and I can only ever remember seeing him that one time. I also remember that his mom constantly had some sort of weird skin rash. Gross.

I'm a cat person. Yup. I'll be that old lady with 19 cats. For sure.

I talk in my sleep. Sometimes so loudly that I'll wake myself up and get a fright because I think someone's in my room.

I can't paint my own toenails. Someone has to do it for me.

I am terrified of frogs.

When I was little, all my friends had an imaginary friend except me. I tried my best to create one, but I just couldn't commit to the whole idea.

I sometimes freeze my marshmallow Easter eggs before I eat them.

I lied to my sister for about 8 years, telling her I was blind in my left eye. I'm not even sure what possessed me to do this... Also, when we were younger we used to share a room and I'd convince her to tickle my arm when we hopped into bed. I promised I'd tickle her back after she tickled me. I made it sound like a competition - "whoever tickles for the longest will be the best person in the whole world", I would say excitedly. She would tickle me for hours on end and then when it came time for me to tickle her I would pretend to have fallen asleep. We would do this every night. I miss those times so much.

I used to think biting your nails was a cool habit to have so when I was about 9, I spent about 5 months trying to train myself to bite my nails. It never became a habit, thank goodness!

And now that you've obtained all this new and completely unnecessary information about me, you're free to go on with your day :)

1 comment:

  1. Random but so lovely to learn more about you... I love those sunnies on you too!
    Haha, a good chuckle x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.