First Days

It's 3pm and not only is my first day back at Rhodes over, but it couldn't have gone better. 
I actually arrived back in Grahamstown last week Thursday and spent the weekend with Dad and Dillyn. Dill works back home and took a few days off to roadtrip down with us and I'm so grateful that he got to see what my "other" life is like. We had incredible amounts of fun and made memories that I will cherish forever. It's been so refreshing to see all my friends and to catch up with them - so much can happen in three months so as you can imagine, many hours have been spent swopping stories and squealing in excitement at being reunited.

It was so special for me to have my Dad meet my friends down here.
Making a run for it with the Rat's Valentines Day balloons. Clearly Dill knew the photo was being taken.
It feels so different being a Second Year!! I feel so much more grown up and I'm loving it. Second Year has brought a sense of security that I truly hope stays. I only had two lectures today which was great seeing as it's 36 degrees and we're all past melting point, and although it's only the first day, my subjects seem like they're going to be really interesting.

I'm hoping to spend the rest of the day getting bits and pieces organised as well as finish decorating my room (I have my own room this year, I couldn't be happier)! Tonight we're going out to celebrate a friend's birthday as well as a successful first day back and tomorrow night I'm hoping to join the gym here because in all honesty, these last 2 weeks have been horrendous regarding my weight loss journey. Going away to the coast and getting ready to come back to Varsity resulted in me giving up my runs and sneaking carbs back into my diet. I'm devastated at the fact that I've almost put on the 3 kg's that I lost a few weeks ago but today I managed to start again and will continue to track my progress. I failed, but I always knew I would, the important thing is that I'm trying again. New term, new choices and second chances.

It's been a great day. I hope that you can all say the same.
x

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up Shan, and maybe set smaller goals so the expectation isn't so high - especially with the buzzing social life and hard working hours back at varsity. Not long and you will be back into an awesome routine x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.