"Something someone told you about yourself that you'll never forget (good or bad)"

Today's topic of the challenge got me excited - a specific incident came to mind immediately. Before I share this incident with you, I want to introduce you to my beautiful half-sister, Taitum Grace.
Taitum and I.
This little girl is so precious to me. She is seven years old and we have been very close from the day she was born. There was just something about this little person that caused me to be so drawn to her and protective over her. She is one of the only people on this planet that can get me to dance - I DO NOT DANCE! But Tait loves dancing and she would always love it when I picked her up, played some music and swung her around the room.

One day Taitum asked me to dance with her. She was about 4 years old. I picked this tiny little body up and cradled it in my arms. I began to swing her around and somewhere in between her squeals of delight, she looked at me and said the words that I will never forget; "Shanny, when we dance, Jesus dances with us."

This was such an incredibly special moment for me. My relationship with Jesus is so sacred to me - something a 4 year old cannot usually comprehend or understand. It meant so much to me to know that the Lord was present in those special, intimate moments between my little sister and I.

Link up with Jenni and see what others had to say on today's topic; "Something someone told you about yourself that you'll never forget (good or bad)".


7 comments:

  1. Oh! Such sweet words from such a sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! Sweet words from such a sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, that's such a beautiful thing to say. she's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful story to share! Jesus is certainly with you and that precious little one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful story, and a beautiful connection the 3 of you dancing in love.
    Oozing Out My Ears

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes it is the little ones who remind us how close Jesus really is to us. How beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for your very sweet comments everyone.
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.