I've Been Wondering

Ever find yourself wondering about the strangest things? Or the deepest things? Or things you know you shouldn't be wondering about, but find your mind being occupied by them anyway? I've been doing some wondering lately and thought I'd share some of my thoughts with you.

I've been wondering... about my future husband. Strange right? Well, not if you know me well. I am obsessed with love and I want nothing more out of life than to love and be loved in return. I cannot wait to fall completely and hopelessly in love one day. Today I found myself wondering about the man that I'll (hopefully) marry one day. I wonder what he's like. I wonder if I've met him yet or not. I wonder what he'll be like with our children and I wonder if he'll love Jesus as much as I do. I wonder if he ever thinks about me, and then I tell myself that I'm the hopeless romantic thinking about being married at 19 - chances are he hasn't even thought about life as a married man yet. I wonder if I'm being ridiculous by not only thinking about a man that I'm not even sure exists, but by loving him already. 

I've been wondering... about how many readers think I'm bat-shit crazy after reading the above paragraph ;)

I've been wondering... how I did in my Movement exam earlier this evening. I felt that it went really well and I'm almost a bit sad that its all over now. I am so impressed by how far I've come in the last 4 months. My body has shown my mind that it needs to have a little more faith. Thank you, sweet Jesus for dancing with me tonight - regardless of what mark I got, I'll be happy that I was able to do something that terrified me, knowing that God was in control.

I've been wondering... about this degree and my future career. Will I become a clinical psychologist? Has God got other plans for me? Is psychology really what I want to do? Will a career in psychology enable me to provide for myself and my future family one day? Will I be stuck in a career that I once thought I would love, only to find out that I honestly still don't know what I want to do with my life? I certainly hope that's not the case...

I've been wondering... will I EVER see the world? Oh my goodness, I just want to travel. There are so many places I want to see and explore and fall in love with. The thought of never being able to leave South Africa terrifies me. I want to venture out into this beautiful world and LIVE - not just survive.

Clearly I've got a lot on my mind right now. I take comfort in knowing that God has walked every step before me, he has met and conquered every one of my struggles before I am faced with them and I am never left to wonder alone.

What are some of the things that have been on your heart and mind lately? Drop a comment below and lets get wondering together!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Shannon! New follower/reader! Nice to meet you :)

    NO I don't think you're crazy... I wonder about my future husband every now and then too. I think it's pretty normal. And don't say hopeless! Just keep the faith honey, it'll happen soon enough.

    Reading this post, you and I have some pretty identical thoughts going on. I don't want to be a clinical psychologist but I do want to be a social worker/school counselor. I know they don't make much money where I'm from so I worry about that too.

    And with traveling? Girl, I'm with you all the way on that. I've only left my home state once and I'm aching to get out again! The world has so much to offer!



    Anyway, looking forward to reading the rest of your posts!
    Take care love :)

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there!:)
    It's so lovely to meet you too - thank you for getting in touch and reading through some of the nonsense that makes it's way to my little part of the internet.
    I'm so glad I'm not the only one that feels the way I do ;)
    Please don't hesitate to get in touch again:)
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.