If Fear Didn't Exist

October 15, 2013
"Fear is an idea-crippling, experience-crushing, success-stalling inhibitor inflicted only by yourself" - Stephanie Melish
The other day I was having a conversation with friend of mine and he mentioned how he was afraid to die. Deep huh? Nothing like a little bit of death talk on a sunny Monday afternoon. This guy and I have been friends for almost 14 years and so talking about absolutely anything is second nature to us, and so I wasn't surprised when he turned the conversation from berry flavoured breakfast bars to death. I then asked what about death made him afraid and he responded by saying something along the lines of the uncertainty of what would happen afterwards. I then admitted that I was afraid of death too, but not about the 'afterwards' part like he was - I am certain of where I am going once my time here on Earth is up. What terrified me was dying a painful death, dying young, living an unfulfilled life, dying before I got the chance to fall in love and be a mom and really live, you know? That conversation got me thinking about living a fulfilled life, a life where being afraid was not an option, a life where fear did not exist. What would you do if you weren't afraid?

If fear didn't exist in my life, these are some of the things that I would do...
  • I would carry on studying Drama.
  • I would audition for every single production that Rhodes put on.
  • In the same breath, I would drop out right now. I would drop out, pack my bags tonight and travel the world, simply having faith that I would survive financially.
  • I would travel. England, Italy, France, Amsterdam, Switzerland, India, Ireland, The US, Egypt, everywhere. Absolutely everywhere.
  • I would admit that sometimes I have difficulty in accepting my body.
  • I would sing out loud in public places. 
  • I would dance.
  • I would fall in love without logic and reason.
  • I would have a natural birth.
  • I would let people know exactly how I felt for them.
  • I would learn to confront people.
  • I would spend the entire summer in a bikini.
  • I would skydive and bungee jump and all those ridiculously crazy things.
  • I would sit down with myself and confront just how terribly my mother has hurt me.
  • I would then forgive my mother.
  • I would laugh at obstacles that stood in my way.
  • I would completely trust the Lord without an ounce of doubt.
Living a life without fear. A lot easier said than done, isn't it?

1 comment:

  1. I love this list so much. I think we should all live as if fear didn't exist. It's all in our head, anyway, right? ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for getting in touch and for your sweet words, questions and comments. I reply to your comment directly on this post, so make sure to check back here xx

Powered by Blogger.